Screw air compressor faults and solutions!
Screw air compressor faults and solutions! This is all I’ve seen
Air compressors are widely used general-purpose machines that play an important role in all walks of life. However, air compressors are often plagued by problems such as high temperature, air pressure changes, loading and unloading, and noise. How to troubleshoot the fault in the operation of the air compressor? Take a look:
Compressor head outlet temperature or discharge temperature is high
Excessive temperature rise is a common fault in the operation of screw air compressors. The screw air compressors often run at high temperatures, which will seriously affect the exhaust volume and service life of the machine. When the temperature rise is too high, a high temperature shutdown fault will occur. The reasons are:
- The temperature sensor is faulty. The failure of the temperature sensor will cause the PLC to falsely report that the temperature is too high and cause shutdown.
- Ambient temperature factor. The outlet temperature of the screw air compressor head is generally set at about 110°C, and the outlet temperature of the head is equal to the ambient temperature plus 60°C. The ventilation environment under the pit is poor, and most of the high temperatures are caused by this.
- The temperature control valve is faulty. When the compressor is cold started, the temperature control valve can make the oil bypass the cooler and directly spray into the main engine head, accelerate the rise of oil temperature and prevent condensation in the compressor. After the compressor runs normally, it can flow through the cooling system according to the oil temperature Control the fuel injection temperature by adjusting the ratio of the fuel volume between the generator and the bypass. If the temperature control valve is damaged or the action is insensitive, a large amount of high temperature oil will be directly circulated into the main engine head without the cooler, resulting in high main engine temperature.
- Oil filter failure. The oil filter is used to filter the dust and impurities in the oil circuit, and it is easy to be blocked after a period of use. After the blockage, the oil return is not smooth and the temperature of the host is high. (often at the moment of loading).
- Oil cut-off valve failure. The fuel cut-off valve controls its reciprocating fuel injection through the air pressure of the air storage tank. If a fault occurs, the oil circuit is not smooth and the oil temperature is high; It will cause the temperature of the main engine head to be high due to lack of oil or poor heat dissipation.
- The amount of lubricating oil is insufficient, and the oil cooler is dirty and blocked, which will cause the temperature to be too high.
- The cooling fan is faulty, the air cooler is blocked, and the exhaust resistance is too large, resulting in poor heat dissipation and high temperature. The external dust and internal oil stains of the cooler should be cleaned.
Output exhaust pressure too low
- If the actual gas consumption is greater than the gas production of the unit, the connected equipment and pipe network should be checked, and if there is a leak, it should be repaired in time. If the air consumption of the system is greater than the air output of the compressor unit under normal use conditions, the larger-sized compressor unit should be replaced or the compressor unit added.
- The setting value of unloading pressure is too low. Correctly set the unloading pressure value to give full play to the efficiency.
- The filter element of the air filter is dirty and blocked, resulting in insufficient air intake of the compressor unit and low exhaust pressure. Air filter condition should be checked and replaced if necessary.
- Solenoid valve failure. The main bleed solenoid valve and the cold start bleed solenoid valve on the exhaust line are leaking and need to be replaced.
- Control air hose leakage. Replace the control air line hose.
- The intake valve is insensitive and not fully opened. Need to overhaul and check the condition of the control system.
- The oil separator is blocked, and the filter element of the oil separator needs to be replaced.
- Safety valve leaks. The valve needs to be recalibrated or replaced.
- After the drain valve of the gas-water separator is opened, it is stuck and causes leakage, and it should be repaired.
- The vent valve is faulty, and the compressor unit cannot be closed when it is loaded. Repair or replacement is required.
The output exhaust pressure is too high
- The intake valve is faulty. Repair or replacement is required.
- The setting of loading and unloading pressure value is unreasonable. The loading and unloading pressure value should be set according to the actual air consumption.
- The pressure sensor is faulty. replace.
- The unloading valve is not closed, the unloading valve is stuck or not closed tightly, and the solenoid valve fails. Overhaul the unloading valve, and replace the solenoid valve if necessary.
- The pressure difference between loading and unloading of the pressure controller is too small, reset the loading and unloading pressure value.
- The pressure sampling tube is blocked or leaked, and the pressure decays too quickly. The sampling line needs to be repaired.
- The actual air consumption of production is unstable, sometimes large and sometimes small or discontinuous. An air storage tank can be added after the compressor unit.
- When the compressor unit is unloaded, the small pressure valve is not closed in time or not strictly. Overhaul the small pressure valve and replace it if necessary.
- The loading control solenoid valve is faulty. The solenoid valve should be checked, it may be affected by oil, water and gas, which may cause insensitive action or burnt coil. Check and replace if necessary.
- The pressure sensor that controls the start and stop of the unit is faulty or damaged. It should be repaired and replaced.
The compressor unit has not been unloaded after being loaded
- The actual air consumption of the production is greater than the air output of the compressor unit, and the compressor unit has been in the loading operation state.
- Check the connected pipe network for air leakage.
- Check whether the loading and unloading solenoid valve is activated or damaged.
- Check whether the intake valve of the compressor unit is tightly closed.
- Check whether the drain valve of the gas-water separator is leaking.
- Check the safety valve and oil separator for internal leakage.
The oil consumption of the compressor unit is too large or the discharged compressed air contains oil
- Too much fuel. If the oil level is too high, the air flow will entrain the oil in the oil separator into the compressed air. Cause the oil content in the discharged compressed air to exceed the standard. Therefore, the amount of refueling should be controlled under the red line and the yellow line.
- The failure of the small pressure spring leads to too low starting pressure, the pressure difference between the front and rear of the oil separator is too large, the flow rate of the oil-air mixture in the tank is high, and the oil condensed on the cylinder wall and the oil separator filter element will be taken away by the high-speed air flow, Thus affecting the oil and gas separation effect.
- The oil separator filter element is blocked or damaged, check and clean it and replace it if necessary.
- The oil return pipe of the oil separator is blocked, check and clean it.
- There is a leak in the air cooler system, check and repair it and make up for the leak.
- The oil has been used for an extended period of time and the oil has deteriorated. Clean the compressor unit and replace the oil with the conformity mark.
Compressor unit is noisy
- Compressor unit failure, bearing damage or main engine head rotor failure. Stop immediately and contact the dealer or after-sales service center.
- The cover panel is not installed properly, and the sound insulation cotton is damaged.
- If the parts are loose, it is necessary to carefully check and strengthen the connecting parts.